01 April 2020

Own It But Never Seen It Movie Marathon

So, I own a lot of DVDs. A lot. Like my CD collection, it's pretty epic. Buying used DVDs at the Record Archive really helped my collection explode in size. Then came Netflix (when they sent discs in the mail) and the technology to copy and burn DVDs. Explode times ten.

So many movies added to the collection and there was no way for me to keep up with them. So many of them just went into the collection unseen. Saved for a rainy day when I could put one on. Those rainy days never really came.

I used to have a way to keep track of the movies I'd never seen. Instead of having them stand upright, I'd have the ones I hadn't seen laying sideways. It was a good system. And one that always had people asking what was up with it.

So here we are now. The Great Coronavirus Pandemic of 2020. We're all supposed to be staying home to help "flatten the curve." So now I have a lot of time on my hands. I've done movie marathons before through my collection, but I had an idea for this one: Why not try to hit a bunch of these that I hadn't seen yet?

So I began my journey on the Own It But Never Seen It Movie Marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment